Monday, July 19, 2010

To The Bandwagon!

On the side bar there is a short description of what I am currently working on with basic information and updates.  But I get bored with some projects and they go on hold for a while, in favor of another project.  The socks that are up there now (the project may be different depending on when you read this entry) are on hold and I'm knitting 2 other projects.  One of the projects is one that everyone and their sister has knitted.  I was never truly interested in this pattern and thought that I would never knit it.  It wouldn't happen to me.  I fell in love with a yarn at the store.  We took it slow at first.  I introduced myself, picked it up, shook hands, though about bringing it home, but I'm not that kind of girl. I didn't know if I was ready for a relationship.  But I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I didn't know what I would make with it.  Then I though of a project for it, and I went back and bought 3 skeins.  I caught the Clap(otis) from this yarn.

I cast on Saturday and found out that this pattern is deceptively simple.  When I looked at it in pictures I though it was just  yarnovers, and dropped stitches.  This pattern has been infuriatingly frustrating.  The first day I only got to the first 12 rows, after I ripped out several times because I just kept getting lost.  The only way to keep me on track is to take detailed notes for every row keeping track of the number of stitches.   I've got the hang of it now and am making good progress.

I'm actually doing a mini-clapotis since I didn't want to buy so much yarn and am hoping to use up only 2 skeins.  The yarn that turned me to this pattern is Noro Kureyon in color way 267.  I would never have bought this yarn, but I just love the colors (black, yellow, pink and lilac).  I'm not liking the yarn itself.  Usually the colors are too much for me and the texture is nothing I would ever want.  I suppose it's good for felting, but I am very anti-felting.  So I actually fell in love with the color, not the yarn.  If there was another yarn in the same colors, I definitely would not have chosen Noro.

No comments: